Saturday, July 07, 2007



I'm in love! Clear stamps are my new favorite toys! Today at Scrapbook Generation, we're in the middle of several free classes featuring clear acrylic stamps by Autumn Leaves and Sassafras Lass. There are 19 sets total, and I want one of each!

Here's my clear stamp story. When we opened the store almost three years ago, we had several alphabet sets of clear stamps by Technique Tuesday, and they didn't sell all that well, so I didn't reorder them. Now, clear stamps have become more popular, and it's easy to see why. I'll tell you why I like them so well, after trying them just last night. After my first stamped image, I was hooked.

-- You can use chalk ink on them! My previous stamping efforts with wood-mounted rubber stamps and big wet ink pads had been messy, sloppy, and not at all the look I was after. With the clear stamps and chalk ink (I used charcoal color) it looks like the design you just stamped on is part of the paper. Wonderfully neat and detailed!
-- You can see what the design will look like on your page before you stamp! Because the stamps are clear, and you stick them on a clear acrylic block, it's super easy to get a good idea what the finished design will look like. (And the Autumn Leaves sets have a clear page with the designs printed on them that you can lay over your page and see exactly what the design will look like in a certain spot. Very helpful!)
-- The price is right! At 10 individual stamps (or more) per package, the same amount in rubber stamps could be more than $100. The sets we have for sale are $12.99 and $14.99.
-- Storage is easy! The stamps go right back in the packaging, and take up very little room.
-- Cleanup is a breeze! Once over with a baby wipe, and then a paper towel, and you're done.

If you want a demo, or more information, just stop by Scrapbook Generation and we'll be happy to show you just how easy it is to get designer-quality looks with very little effort or previous stamping experience.

New items to watch for next week: A large shipment of "coasters" (similar to chipboard) from Imagination Project/Gin X. There are "raw" coasters in several shapes and alphabets that you can alter to match your page, as well as colored coasters in star and flower shapes, and alphabets.

No comments:

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS