Friday, June 23, 2006

Scrapbook Generation's Design Team members met Monday night to get acquainted with each other, and also to learn what their roles will be in the upcoming months. We had a great time, at least I did, and Karin and I were thrilled with their enthusiasm and support. Their first assignment is a one-page layout about themselves. We'll have those on display starting August 1. In the meantime, stop by and see the cute pages Laura Parks created about how stressful it was to find a way to use the "ugly" paper we made them use for their entries! It's hilarious.

Over the next few days and weeks, I'm going to let the Design Team members introduce themselves, in their own words. Since I decided alphabetical order would work best, Marti Blattert is first at bat.

Design Team Member #1: Marti Blattert
Occupation: retired (financial counselor at Drury University)
Spouse: Steve
Children: Cinnamon, 32; Sarah, 28; Drew 23
Grandchildren: Garrett, 6; Sawyer 4
Hobbies other than scrapbooking: hiking, traveling, reading

-- How long have you been scrapbooking?
For about 10 years.
-- When and where do you usually scrapbook?
At home and at Scrapbook Generation, anytime I can crop with friends and daughters.
-- How many pages do you complete in an average month?
Usually 8-10, but 15-20 in a good month.
-- What do you enjoy most about scrapbooking?
I think I love scrapbooking because family is so important to me. I enjoy reliving special moments by browsing through pictures of those dear to me. I enjoy creating pages that others can enjoy also. I also love it that I get to spend time with friends, family, and other women who love this hobby. I have made so many new friends here at Scrapbook Generation.
-- Describe your scrapbooking style.
My scrapbooking style can best be described as simple and linear. I feel that less is sometimes more in creating quality pages. I love it when I complete a page, and I can see that the pictures are the focus, not the embellishments. I seldom follow new trends. I find a style or design I love, and alter it to fit my pictures, not alter my pictures to fit the style.
-- Have you been published?
I have had several cards of mine published. Two Busy Moms Paper Company hired me in 1996 to create cards using their line of paper. Those cards were then featured in a flip-book designed to be used at market. I still have the book!
--Why did being on the Design Team at Scrapbook Generation appeal to you?
I think the addition of a Design Team is a really cool idea. Actually, I already feel like I am a small part of your team. I am now and will always be your most enthusiastic ambassador for Scrapbook Generation. I shop your store exclusively, and value not only your professionalism, but also your friendship. I think my friendliness, my people skills, and my love of this hobby would go far in encouraging others to love it, too.
-- Why is Scrapbook Generation your favorite scrapbook store?
The friendliness of the owners, selection of product, and availability of crops. LOVE those 12-hour theme crops!

Today's excitement at Scrapbook Generation:
New arrivals...
--Scrapbook Generation: Two new Sweet and Simple page kits -- one is Fourth of July, and uses the new Doodlebug red, white, and blue papers; the other is "Cute" and features black, pink, and coral papers from Imagination Project (GinX).
 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS